Ability to lead any SPA & Leisure driven business to a success. Operational and financial aspects are steered by outmost professionalism and eye for detail.
Proficiency in a wide range of common Wellness Treatments. Strong training ability in all areas of Staff development. Specific Sales Management and Retail skills. Marketing and promotion on advanced management level. Strong ability to plan and prioritize.
First Runner Up for the best Spa design in Middle East Awards.
Several articles published on different media related with Spa & Recreation
Very Passionate and result driven. Strong leader with high guest satisfaction scores in all areas. Very diversified skill set reaching from SPA to Fitness and Leisure over to Personal Training and Nutrition. Revenue and Quality targets, KPIs and MBOs are not only being met but consistently exceeded. Clear short and long term goals to consistently improve team and overall performance are part of my day to day routine.
Spa & Recreation Manager
Nov 2016 - Nov 2017
Tivoli Marina de Vilamoura
- Responsible for the overall management and performance of the Spa, ensuring high standards of professionalism, customer service and optimum financial performance.
- Responsible for the quality of service, and maintenance of the product at the Spa in line with the hotel Operating Standards.
- Prepare monthly financial and statistical reports for the General Manager, finance Director and Rooms Director incorporating proposals and recommendations regarding policy and operation at the Spa, competition, occupancy and usage, market share and achievement of targets.
- Establish and ensure a cost effective wage structure based on productivity and efficiency.
- Develop and submit an annual budget and business plan for the Spa, in conjunction with the Finance Director and rooms Director. Responsible for the achievement and regular review of the business plan and budget once ratified by the Board.
- Liaise with the hotel Sales Director, sales in the preparation and development of marketing plans for the year. To coordinate all promotional plans and projects for the facility.
- Provide leadership, direction and support to the employees at the Spa to develop a highly motivated team, who can deliver high standards of service in all areas.
- Effectively integrate the Spa within the Hotel’s Marketing Strategy and to ensure ongoing representation of the Spa, both internally and externally,
- Develop an annual training plan for the Spa, in conjunction with the Training Department and ensure that all employees are trained and developed to meet the needs of the business.
- Monitor standards of performance and member satisfaction and introduce measures to ensure the highest standards of quality and service.
- Lead the planning and implementation of marketing activities within the Spa, with support from the hotel.
- Conduct regular daily inspections of the Spa to monitor ambiance, maintenance, cleanliness, health and safety, colleague performance and security.
- Oversee weekly colleague schedules for therapists, receptionists and attendants and keep attendance records and time sheets.
- Ensure that all employees report for duty punctually and well groomed.
- Ensure colleague annual vacation and public holidays are scheduled during slack operation periods and that these annual leave periods are staggered so as not to affect the operation.
- Oversee the monthly inventories of products, stock and linen.
- Initiate and track all product orders including purchase and general stores.
- Show initiative when dealing with guest complaints and make such decisions that achieve instant guest satisfaction whenever possible.
- Ensure that all Spa reports and correspondence are completed punctually and accurately.
- Oversee and work together with external services companies
- Hold a daily Spa briefing and a weekly Spa department/ Spa sections.
- Involved in presentation of Spa annual budget.
- Control department’s operational budget ensuring that it is in line and costs are strictly controlled.
- Ensure that departmental budget (all areas) is met on monthly basis.
- Ensure that booking strategies utilize therapist’s time effectively and maximize the revenue.
- Ensure all colleagues actively promote and sell the Spa and Recreational services, products and activities.
- Knowledgeable of the contraindications of services and products and act in accordance.
- Ensure the team maintains the cleanliness and hygiene of all spa areas, in accordance with the Health, Safety and Hygiene Legislation.
- Delegates responsibilities to colleague and ensures tasks are completed.
- Ensures that channels of communication are respected and information is disseminated to the correct receivers.
- Attends all training carried out by the Training Department.
- Handles any guest’s complaint in a professional manner, as per hotel Policy & Procedure (service recovery).
- Ensures that disciplinary actions are taken, when necessary, according to resort’s policies.
- Ensures excellent communication and working relationships with colleagues are maintained and contribute to the team spirit.
- Ensures maintenance work is completed, in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensures all fixed assets are well maintained.
- Ensures to achieve guest Satisfaction scores/comments and follow up on action plan for corrective matters and or areas of improvement.
- Develops and maintains team morale
Spa & Recreation Manager
Dec 2014 - Oct 2016
Pullman Dubai JLT
- Lead and motivate staff to a level of service, which exceeds all guest expectations by facilitating teamwork and ensuring all duties are performed in a consistent manner and in the time allocated.
- Maintain close contact with guests, receiving feedback regarding the operation of the Spa and recreational facilities of the hotel.
- Ability to manage cultural diversity.
- Meet requirements of VIP guests.
- Act in accordance with all hotel policies, personnel policies, spa policies and procedures including all Health and Sanitary regulations.
- Provide optimum service through staff training, coaching, feedback and ensuring adequate staffing levels.
- Monitor products and accessories used in the Spa & Recreation department to ensure all budgets are achieved and adhered to.
- Assist in the preparation of yearly operating, operation equipment and capital expenditure budget.
- Prepares daily revenue reports
- Prepares monthly usage reports.
- Ensure that all employee report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and nametag at all times.
- Conduct employee evaluations for all Spa & Recreation department positions, reviewing existing performance and identify any areas for further development and improvement.
- Interview potential new employee in liaison with the personnel department.
- Supervise departmental orientation programs for new employee. Conduct training courses for new employees and a regular "refresher" course for existing employees.
- Offers suggestions and makes recommendations to the management on ideas for improving the spa operation and performance.
- Responsible for ensuring and maintaining adequate supply of all products, including all those used in treatments, and those sold retail, and reordering as and when required.
- Maintains supply of all printed promotional materials and makes suggestions for improvements to same.
- Regularly checks and reorders administrative supplies.
- Receives and checks stock as per purchase orders and invoices.
- Maintains full and final signature authority for the department and its resources.
- Prepare periodic reports for senior management on the activities and usage of the Spa and recreational facilities.
- Ensure that all hygiene levels are met in the Spa and recreation facilities.
- Co-ordinate with the needs of the department to ensure the smooth operation, cleanliness and maintenance of the entire Spa, sports facilities and its equipment.
- Ensures all equipment and system faults are promptly reported and repaired.
Spa & Recreation Manager
Jan 2012 - Oct 2014
Al Raha Brach Hotel Resort Abu Dhabi
- Monitor and maintain highest hygiene and cleanliness standards in all recreation areas;
- Maximize employee productivity and available resources as per business volume;
- Ensures all sections within the department adhere to established standards and policies;
- Recruit and selects spa and recreation employees in coordination with the HR department as per established recruitment procedures;
- Train and develop supervisors so that they can operate independently and creatively;• Inspect all spa and recreation areas to observe impeccable working order and safety features, as well as sanitation and hygiene;
- • Establish and conduct effective training programs for all spa & recreation employees;
- Works with purchasing manager to ensure goods purchased are of acceptable quality;
- Execute daily, weekly, monthly and annual department results and budget concerns including capital expenditure replacement;
- Appraises performance of departmental employee periodically according to HR policy and initiates appropriate corrective measures to overcome deficiencies;
- Conducts daily / frequently departmental briefings / meetings;
- Identifies and solves problems in a professional manner within and across departments;
- Knows, understands and reviews the job roles and responsibilities of all positions in the department and others;
- Maintains high grooming standards for all departmental personnel;
- Manage wastes by reducing and recycling wastes, encourage employees to carefully use resources;
- Be creative in order to improve profitability and productivity at all times
- Recommends corrective actions for unfavorable variances in job standards and/or budget commitment and actions upon consented action tactics and strategies;
Spa & Recreation Manager
Dec 2009 - Dec 2011
The Address Dubai Marina Hotel
- Regular staff meetings to keep staff up to date on all aspects of the spa and hotel operations;
- Ensure all equipment is maintained in good working order;
- Maintenance of professional relationship with suppliers and providers;
- Minimize or eliminate losses through negligence with monitoring programs;
- Inventory managed effectively following purchasing standards;
- Maintain up to date version of the spa procedure manual ensuring compliance;
- Develop and maintain Spa literature, documentation and process handling requirements;
- Attend management meetings and convey all relevant information throughout the spa;
- Control ongoing service and product margin analysis to ensure profitability;
- Implement opportunities for managing operational costs and boosting the bottom line;
- Implement full Spa product and service purchasing standards;
- Administer staff and client scheduling for maximum revenue generation and profitability;
- Interpret financial reports (P & L), and provide expertise on (projected) Revenue vs. Expenses;
- Project the revenue budget for the year;
- Project the revenue forecast for the year;
- Project the manning for the year according the expected operations;
- Uniforms budgeting;
- Maintain a strong menu of services with both exceptional artistic and aesthetic value;
- Consistently develop and grow retail sales through training tools and monitoring;
- Develop Spa Marketing Strategy and ensure a consistent image is being portrayed and exposed trough media;
- Create ongoing in-house promotions and activities to stimulate sales, staff and costumers;
- Exhibit a professional attitude, diplomacy and an ability to handle difficult situations;
- Uphold gracious front desk procedures in the booking and handling of customers;
- Maintain fresh, effective programs to consistently retain and grow customer base;
- Develop and maintain compensation guidelines for customer complaint handling;
- Anticipate, identify and ensure customer needs are being met in the best possible way;
- Monitor customer satisfaction with surveys, focus groups and comment cards;
- Develop and deliver credible, competitive, value-plus service to the costumer;
- Guide staff to become caring problem solvers, cooperative, accommodating and fair;
- Effectively administer and monitor staff scheduling procedures;
- Create a motivating environment of sincerity, warmth and fun for staff and guests;
- Implement ongoing skills training to ensure service standards are being upheld;
- Develop and monitor Job Descriptions and Staff Goals Planning;
- Create and maintain Staff Contracts, ensuring accuracy and compliance;
- Perform Staff Evaluation Reports with proposed action plans (appraisals)
Spa & Recreation Manager
Jan 2006 - Nov 2009
Steiner Transocean Ltd
- Responsible for the daily operation and performance of the spa, salon, and retail area;
- Acts as liaison to and maintains communication between spa and corporate office as well as maintaining an excellent working relationship with on board management;
- Knowledgeable of all corporate policies, procedures and required reports;
- Maintain communications between spa and corporate office by submitting appropriate, timely reports regarding operations, sales, and productivity on a daily and weekly basis;
- Review daily appointment schedules & productivity reports ensuring budget projections are being met;
- Knowledgeable of all spa activities, programs, services and retail products in order to train and motivate staff to ensure that business goals and profit objectives are met;
- Oversee Spa, Salon and Gymnasium and day-to-day operations of the Ocean spa;
- Conduct frequent daily walk-thus to ensure that facility and equipment are always clean and in good repair, and to interact with staff to motivate and encourage them in the daily performance of their duties;
- Establish and maintain standards and procedures for all aspects of spa operations;
- Evaluate spa operations on an on-going basis and develop timely solutions to the various operational problems that occur;
- Supervise, coach, mentor and train staff to ensure exceptional guest experiences, and to assist in staff career development (Training Process, Standards of Excellence; Code of Ethics; Satisfaction Guarantee Policy, Service Philosophy; Solution Sales and Quality Assurance);
- Discipline and counsel staff as needed;
- Conduct meetings on a daily and weekly basis. Complete quarterly staff evaluations in a timely and fair manner;
- Oversee all spa purchases and the processing of payment for all invoices on a timely basis;
- Assist in on-going guest promotions to increase services and product sales;
- Ensure that spa rules and regulations are followed by guests and enforced by staff;
- Receive and respond to all guest comments, suggestions and complaints in a constructive and professional manner;
- Practice proper time management skills in order to remain organized within the position’s workload; Committed to execute exceptional customer service;
- Ability to recognize and support the organization’s preferences and priorities;
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills;
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills;
- Tactful, mature and able to get along with diverse personalities;
- Able to exemplify professional behaviour in all aspects of position;
- Ensure the accurate receiving / recording of all stock (Inventory) items received into the spa & transferred out of the spa;
- Complete and submit stock requisitions to the Purchasing Department;
Monthly target breakdown. Daily target breakdown for each staff member
Jan 2003 - Dec 2005
Steiner Transocean Ltd
- Provide fitness class and personal training sessions in accordance with spa protocols and accepted cruise line practices;
- Care for equipment and maintenance of fitness equipment;
- Clean, and well organized fitness area;
- Have complete knowledge and understanding of all fitness offerings while educating and training guests in these areas;
- Perform administrative duties in a complete, organized and accurate manner;
- Actively promote the spa, treatments, services, seminars and retail, as well as programs,
- Handling guests’ questions and concerns professionally and courteously;
- Provide accurate, appropriate and immediate responses to all requests by guests ensuring complete guest satisfaction;
- Maintain a positive attitude and contribute toward a quality work environment;
- Regularly attend, participate in and support training and staff meetings for the spa.
- Classes: Based on the principles of Pilates and correct postural alignment.
- New series of Power yoga classes designed to center the body, and align your ying with your yang!
- Classes: High energy mixture of both strengthening and cardio vascular designed to set the heart racing and get the endorphins flowing.
- Indoor cycling class, pre-choreographed, and blood pumping.
- Step: Beginners step aerobics, simple, easy and fun.
- Long and Lean Stretch class: An introductory stretching class offered daily. The emphasis is to highlight postural imbalances and tight muscle groups.
- Abs Workshop: an in-depth look at the perfect sit-ups. Fitness program demonstrations/spa tours, newsletters and cabin drops;
Mar 2001 - Sep 2002
Caidas da Saude
- Prepare an emergency plan to evacuate all staff and guests in case of emergency.
- Prepare a storage area for different types of products and the respective msds
- Place all needed signage for the work place.
- Teach all staff on how to use the fire fight equipment
- Teach and organize staff for emergency situation.
- Hygiene healthy and safety at work place.
Oct 1987 - Aug 1997
Escola Secundaria Almeida Garret
Degree in Physicall Sport & Education
Oct 1993 - May 2000
FCDEF-Universidade do Porto