We select and recruit Healthcare Assistants to work in domiciliary care (elderly care at home) in North Hertfordshire, 50 Km from London.
The employer is a leading home care provider offering domiciliary care, personal support, home help and companionship. The employer specializes in working with people who require care in their own homes and their families.
Summary of role
To work with other staff members in meeting the personal care and support the needs of customers in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes their independence. The care and support provided by Care and Support Workers is expected to include support that would reasonably be given by members of the customer’s family and is not to include tasks that would normally be undertaken by a trained nurse.
- To assist customers who need help getting up and going to bed in the morning and evenings, including dressing and undressing, washing, bathing and going to the toilet.
- To help customers with their mobility and with any physical disabilities, including incontinence and use of personal aids and equipment.
- To care for customers who are temporarily sick and need bed nursing and help with feeding etc.
- To provide care and support for customers who are terminally ill.
- To help in the promotion of mental and physical activities of customers through talking, outings, reading, writing, hobbies and recreations.
- To make and change beds, light cleaning, emptying commodes and general tidying.
- To inspect, launder and mend customers’ clothes.
- To set tables and trays, prepare and serve light meals, clearing away and washing up.
- To read and write reports and be involved in customers’ reviews and training activities.
- To adhere to all policies and procedures of the company at all times.
- To report either to the Field Care Supervisor or Care Manager any significant changes in the health or circumstances of a customer.
- To encourage the independence of customers wherever possible.
care jobs, care home, nursing jobs, care assistant jobs, support worker jobs, caring home care, alzheimer's nursing home, domiciliary care, live in health care, care assistant jobs uk, live in care jobs in england, care workers uk, care rehabilitation center, elderly home care services, residential care jobs in london, care home uk jobs, palliative care UK, elderly care in UK, live in care services, care assistant job vacancies, elderly nursing care, nursing dementia care homes, nursing jobs from home, elderly care jobs london
- English level – to a reasonable conversation standard
- EU nationality
- Understanding of Home care job role
- Motivated to work with the elderly and dependent individuals
- Driving licence – confident to drive in the UK – lessons/practice provided
- Good personality and professional attitude
- Genuine desire to help others
- Physically fit and hard working
- Flexible to work various shifts including weekends
- Willing to work 50+ hours per week including weekends
- Over 21 years of age
- Permanent Contract
- 40 hours per week: £8.50 per hour
- Overtime available all weeks
- Full time salaried position £17680 per year
- Business miles paid
- Full training leading to a professional qualification
- 28 day’s holidays, include bank holidays
- Ongoing professional development
- The company will provide you a car for free for work purposes
- Free driving lessons
- Free Sat Navigator
- Accommodation provided cost between £400- £450 pm: 1st month rent for free as a welcome gift (must be repaid if you leave before of 12 months of contract)