We are currently looking for Children's and Young Adult Support Workers interested to develop their career in the United Kingdom.
The employer is an independent provider of care and education for children and young people located situated in a wonderful 5-acre site overlooking the beautiful Devon countryside. Unlike less personal larger institutions, this institution offers a range of unique cottages which allows the care users their own space whilst being part of a vibrant and dynamic community.
This organization offers a whole host of activities on site including an indoor heated swimming pool and day centre. This location is blessed with an abundance of natural beauty in the area as it so close to the sea and the famous Dartmoor and Bodmin moorlands.
The site is located within 45 minutes from Exeter, 1 hour from Plymouth and 1 hour from Truro
You will be working with children and young people who need extra support, or require an advanced programme of learning in order to reach their full educational potential.
You may work with individuals who have physical disabilities, sensory impairments (i.e. hearing or visual), speech and language difficulties, learning difficulties such as dyslexia, conditions such as autism, social, emotional and mental health needs, or have a combination of these difficulties.
A key aspect of working in this field is identifying individual needs and being responsible for creating a safe, stimulating and supportive learning environment.
• EU Nationality
• English level – at a reasonable conversational standard
• Good Team player
• Empathy, compassion resilience and positive parenting skills required to help support children and young people to live independent lives
• Willingness to learn as training it will be provided
• Good personality and professional attitude
• Genuine desire to help others
• Physically fit and hardworking
• Flexible to work various shifts including weekends
The employer offers:
• Permanent Contract - Full Time Contract
• Full time positions available with day or night shifts, 42 hours/week based on a 2 week rota pattern
• Initial Monthly Gross Salary - £1,456
• The hourly pay rate starts at £8 per hour/ £17, 472 per annum, there are step up payments for cover, bonus payments and double time for bank holidays.
• Company pension scheme.
• 28 days of annual leave
• The employer will provide Accommodation free of charge for the first 4 weeks.