With over 200 years of history, the employer is a family run business known by generations of visitors in the local area. With a loyal following set in beautiful surroundings they offer fresh local produce and rear their own live stock producing some of the finest rare breed meat and freshest ingredients in the county.
The Sous Chef will work closely with the Head Chef in creating fresh, seasonal food for lunch and afternoon tea. The Sous Chef will directly manage 3 other chefs in the Head Chefs absence and take day to day responsibility for:
· Health & Safety and Food Hygiene
· Menu development and planning
· Fresh baking - cakes, pastries and morning goods
· Food service
· Training and development
The cafe restaurant is open 7 days a week and the Sous Chef will work Monday to Friday 07:00 - 16:30 apart from Thursdays which will be until 19:30 and alternate their weekends off.
The Sous Chef must demonstrate the following experience:
· Menu development using fresh, seasonal ingredients
· Food Hygiene training and health & safety training
· Previous experience working within a small, quality driven kitchen
· Experience managing others
Due to the location of the kitchen, the Sous Chef will need to have their own transport. If you would like to be considered for this role please get in touch.
£16,000 to £18,000 Per annum