This role primarily focuses on the delivery of technical solutions supplied by the Infrastructure department with the Technology organisation and the wider business including working with internal or external Application Development teams and Enterprise solution implementations. You will be dealing with both internal and external staff and subject matter experts through to senior stakeholders.
You will interface with many different parts of the organisation (including but not limited to Technology), influencing these areas to achieve success against strategies and organisational excellence.
This role is critical in delivering the infrastructure that company relies on. The key measures of success for Infrastructure are:
• Uptime and delivery efficiency
• Effective stakeholder management
• Customer and Colleague satisfaction
The environment is dynamic and fast-paced, many programmes have executive focus and will include state-of-the-art infrastructure / software and as such requires an experienced, motivated individual with a quick mind to understand and implement new concepts in a dynamic workplace.
• Lead a matrix solutions delivery team that is comprised from vertical infrastructure groups (e.g. Storage, Network, Platform) that will deliver outcome based solutions for our customers.
• Translate business outcomes into technical solutions working with architecture, security, operations and customer teams ensuring stakeholders are pro-actively engaged and updated.
• Managing and governing the solutions delivery workload across the Infrastructure department, assuring adherence to time, cost and quality.
• Managing and governing the continuous improvement of the processes and services supplied by the Infrastructure department across the function to increase efficiency, reduce costs and drive increased operational performance.
• Refining suitable metrics to drive performance.
Skills and Experience:
• Background in Infrastructure Project Delivery, Solutions Engineering or Technical Account Management
• Demonstrable experience collaborating with the business to translate outcomes into successful solutions.
• Significant experience gained in a customer facing environment.
• Experience working in a high pressure environment and can demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders, up to C-Suite.
• Appreciation of Agile, Kanban and Scrum (experience is desirable in this area)
• Good technical understanding of complex infrastructure and high-volume transactional environments
• Ability to liaise with a range of technology teams translating business outcomes into technical goals
• Proactive work ethic with the ability to deliver results and meet challenging deadlines.
• Experience of tightly managing risks and issues.
• Drive and determination, with the ability to work in a dynamic, fluid organization.
• Enthusiasm to take on new tasks with flexibility and drive in working to meet deadlines.
• Proficient in English with excellent communication skills in written, oral, presentations (other European languages an advantage)
• Experience with customer centric industries and mission critical quality infrastructure and software standards.
• Experience within a Business to Customer or Internet industries.
• Experience in an organisation where internet is the primary source of revenue
• Appreciation of application development methodologies and approaches
• Demonstrable knowledge of IT service management and IT project management (especially Scrum)
• Interest in the Sports or Gambling industry