A fantastic opportunity to join a leading manufacturing business base in Suffolk as a Quality Engineer, offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
The Main purpose of the role is to focus on Quality and Process Validation within the business as well as to raise awareness of Quality control procedures and methodologies as an expert in educating on best practices within the team.
* Work with the value streams to align on production quality needs for new projects.
* Be accountable for all Quality activities relating to NPI / LCM project introductions.
* Support and arbitrate PFMEA creations and reviews, creating Control Plans for NPI / LCM projects and hand over to production at project end.
* Track quality deliverables with the support of APQP & PSW
* Liaise with the Design and Innovation quality lead to ensure production process meets the functional requirements.
* Agree project planning with the CE Lab to sign off product via component measurements and life cycle testing.
* Continuous improvement input to procedures/processes to constantly improve cost engineering processes following LEAN principles.
* Support cost reduction with LCM projects, by reducing quality incidents and driving FOR improvements.
* Support the NPI Project Manager/ Central Engineering Team with CAPEX development for quality equipment needs.
* Ensure sufficient attention is given to uphold the safety first culture.
* Ensure that all team related activities, including training and routine tasks are carried out safely and in line with H&S legislation and company policy.
* Ideally have University Degree in Engineering or relevant industrial experience.
* Experience working with medical devices and validating processes according to 21 CFR 820 would be advantageous
* Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt would be preferred
* ISO 9001 Lead auditor trained is desired
* Experience in APQP & PSW process is also desired
* Capable of using Microsoft Office & Minitab to ensure clear concise report writing.
* Knowledge and experience of Injection Moulding processes
* Proven practical problem solving skllls including 3C, 8D, 5Why & Ishikawa
* Must be practical with ability to work on own initiative or within a group acting as a leader.
* Ability to effectively present and communicate information to management, peers, suppliers and customers.
* Involvement in a dynamic, fast paced manufacturing environment using pragmatic problem solving skills
* Displays high attention to detail, self-motivated, drive and initiative and with a 'Can do' attitude.
To apply for the role please click on the link below.