The employer is a family owned Leisure Park.
The available role is that of Bar Manager for their Cafe Bar, known for its fantastic views, which also holds a Private Function Room for small drinks parties or private dinners.
Responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with the General Manager to ensure the business objectives and the priorities of the Company are met
- Managing all staff to ensure tasks and responsibilities are performed to agreed standards
- To ensure that sufficient staff are on duty to meet the business demands and that all staff are properly trained
- To ensure that all statutory obligations are met
- Ensuring all relevant entertainment is properly planned, booked and managed
- Ensuring that the bar/restaurant, grounds and garden are kept clean and tidy at all times
- Managing and controlling the related costs including stock and wages in line with business needs
- Working with the General Manager to ensure that profit margins are maintained
- Continual review of stock costs, profit margins and selling prices
- Carry out a daily financial reconciliation
- Ensure that till and cash receipts balance on a daily basis
- Ensure that cash is banked on a weekly basis
- Developing and maintaining relationships with clients
- Gaining feedback from clients on the services and facilities provided within both venues
- Dealing effectively and efficiently with customer complaints following the company guidelines
- Review client feedback on a regular basis with the General Manager
- Recruiting, training and motivating staff to meet the needs of the business
- To ensure that stock levels are maintained at sufficient levels to meet the demands of the business
- To ensure that cash is banked on a weekly basis
- Complete staff timesheets on a weekly basis
- Carry out annual reviews of all your staff
- Ensure all relevant legislation including health and safety, hygiene, fire and licensing laws are complied with
- Ensuring that all bars are merchandised effectively
- Ensuring that all bars, cellars and customer areas, including toilets are well maintained and are kept clean and presentable at all times
- To carry out all other reasonable tasks that may be requested of you.
The successful candidate will have previous experience managing a bar or pub. Live in accommodation is available if required. All applicants must also be up-to-date with H&S and Food Hygiene regulations.
£20,000 to £22,500 Per annum