Friendly consulting engineers are seeking a CAD Technician to join their firm of dynamic individuals. This is permanent position with excellent career prospects. Their offices are located in Central London - NW1.
You will play an important role in the delivery of rail & civil projects. You will be working with engineering professionals at the concept, design and construction stages to develop effective solutions which meet project objectives, by using technical ability and CAD software. You will help identify potential solutions or problems. When a solution is chosen, your role will be to interpret engineering information/designs to produce clear drawings/ construction information suitable for planning, marketing, record or construction of civil engineering elements.
The role will offer great opportunities for career progression within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of service it delivers to its clients, and a clear vision for innovation. The benefits include a competitive salary according to skills and experience.
* To perform CAD QA checks and reports on CAD files created by engineers
* To work under the guidance and instruction of the project CAD Manager or Engineering Data Manager
* Able to develop concept ideas into drawing details
* Develop and draft engineering drawings and plans, draft contract documents and generate correspondence for customers and managers
* Support and manage the workload of junior members of the CAD Team giving training and advice to help develop their potential
* Perform CAD drawing and system checks on fellow colleagues work providing feedback on errors / weak spots to allow others to grow and improve
* You must be able to provide an experienced view and clear understanding of the structure and hierarchy of drawings and designs (levels, layers, line types, models, seed files, etc)
* Good computer and IT skills; use of Microsoft Office software essential
* HNC, HND or equivalent qualification with good numeracy and literacy skills
* Experience of using Microstation
* Solid CAD skills (2D) up to latest AutoCAD version - 3D is desirable but not essential