We are working with Slough Children's Centres to provide staff to them at 10 of their sites across Slough, Berkshire.
The required hours are Monday to Friday 11.15am to 3.15pm Monday to Friday.
This position in term Time only.
You must be Level 3 (or above!) qualified with a Childcare qualification.
Ideally you will have safeguarding training, Paediatric First Aid, Food Hygiene Certificates.
You will be required to have a DBS check that has been issued within the last year or to have joined the DBS Update Service.
You main job role will be:
• To work with the Children’s Centre Manager and the Family Services Development Team to ensure that the needs and wishes of children and families are taken into account through the planned activities;
• To initiate play and learning activities for parents and children together and to role model good practice for parents in relation to the care of children;
• To take responsibility for the daily operation of the activities, including health and safety procedures, provision of refreshments, cleaning routines and administration of records, and to ensure that resources are used cost-effectively;
• To promote high standards of behaviour and discipline, to uphold and promote the setting’s policies on equalities and inclusion and to implement all other of the settings’ policies and procedures, ensuring that the day care standards are met and records are kept as required;
• To help promote the setting with parents, local schools, other childcare settings and the local community and to assist with marketing activities;
• To work in partnership with staff from schools and agencies, including network childminders, in order to deliver multi-agency services to parents and children in the local neighbourhood.
• To attend training, planning and staff meetings as required;
• To work in any of the authority’s settings as required and to undertake any other duties that may become necessary to ensure the successful running of the setting.
Salary: £8.50 gross per hour.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!