A fantastic permanent opportunity with a growing business for a Tooling Project Engineer offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
* Overall responsibility for leading Tooling Engineering content for Central Engineering Tooling Projects, acting as the gatekeeper and single point of contact for all relevant project content.
* Overall responsibility for leading Tooling Engineering content for large Value Stream improvement Projects, acting as the gatekeeper/single point of contact to the Lead Engineer.
* Acting as the Tooling Engineering interface to Innovation Design teams, conducting thorough DFA/DFM studies, assisting with development team design reviews to ensure robust designs for manufacturing.
* Source/specify new equipment (moulds, ancillaries etc.), conducting robust supplier selection for all new Tooling projects.
* CAPEX development and tracking for responsible Tooling projects.
* Track and report project timing, prepare project summaries and present to stakeholders.
* Provide technical input within Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA) reviews.
* To conduct Tooling Project verifications and validations on a global supplier base, overseeing all tool trials to ensure they are conducted in-line with the companies processes, producing the necessary documentation for review and ultimately production readiness sign-off.
* Drive Tooling Engineering leadership, discipline, control and communication.
* Drive best awareness/implementation of advances on Technology development in tooling / moulding to ensure Functional Excellence is maintained.
* Ensure Tooling technical documentation and data storage are up kept up to date.
* Manage external mould repairs and on time delivery. * Manage external supplier mould spare part production.
* Strong Injection Mould Tooling background
* CAD skills - AutoCAD & SolidWorks preferred but not essential
* Hands-on experience with Scientific Injection Mould tool trials, analysis of samples and capability study analysis
* Excellent project management skills
* Good communication skills
* High Attention to detail
* Ability to effectively present and communicate information to management, peers, suppliers and customers
* Passion for working in a dynamic, fast paced manufacturing environment using pragmatic problem solving skills
* Results orientated, self-motivated, drive and initiative with a 'Can do' attitude.
To apply for the role please click on the link below.